Baskets and Blooms Week 3

Now that we are starting to get into the swing of things, welcome to week three! Let’s get some more blocks made for quilting challenge: Baskets and Blooms! This challenge features a quilt designed by Toby Lischko of Gateway Quilts and Stuff. This week we will be making three blocks!

Looking for the fabric requirements? Find them here!

This is a 7-week project with 18 blocks, three a week, and a week for the finishing instructions. Although it is designed with no border, there are fabric requirements and instructions if you want to include a border.

Find the general piecing instructions, and blocks 7, 8, and 9, available for download below! And make sure to share your progress in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

Find the other challenge materials here:

Fabric Requirements

Baskets and Blooms Week 1

Baskets and Blooms Week 2

Baskets and Blooms Week 3

Baskets and Blooms Week 4

Baskets and Blooms Week 5

Baskets and Blooms Week 6

Baskets and Blooms Week 7

29 Responses to “Baskets and Blooms Week 3”
  1. LeeAnn Covington

I cant seen to download the fabric requirements for week 3, please help.

Hello LeeAnn!

We’d love to help! What kind of error are you running into when attempting to download Week 3?

Thank you!

Jessica

• Georgia Davison

LeeAnn, the fabric requirements download is for ALL the quilt blocks combined. In each block’s instructions, the pattern tells what to cut from what fabric for that particular block. Good luck !!!!

2. Jane Sowards

Link for fabric requirements for week 3 does not seem to be a live link.

Hello Jane!

I clicked on the “Download Pattern” button on the page and was able to get the PDF to download on my computer.

Please try once more and let us know if you are having any other trouble getting it to download.

Thank you!

Jessica

3. Marian McKim

I am doing the Baskets and Bloom quilt and I need it emailed to me. Right now my friend is sending it to me. She just sent me week 3. I joined the group, but I can’t figure out how to get the patterns for the blocks.

Hello Marian!

To download the patterns for the blocks, please click on the blue “Download Pattern” button on the page.

Thank you!

Jessica

4. Trish mcmahon

I have week 2 and 3 but not week 1.

Could you resend to me please

5. HEATHER

Like other people have commented I am unable to download week 3 of Baskets and Blooms

Hello Heather!

I did just check the “Download Pattern” button on the page to make sure the link was working correctly and I was able to download the pattern to my computer. Please make sure you’re downloading it to a computer and not to a smart device (i.e. Smart phone, iPad/Tablet).

Thank you!

Jessica

Hello Cathy!

Please make sure you’re downloading the PDF to your computer and not to a smart device like a smart phone or iPad/tablet.

Thank you!

Jessica
      National Quilters Circle Video Memembership

6. Denise Ethun

What is the completed quilt size? I will probably have to order backing and batting for it.

Hello Denise,

Thank you for contacting us. The finished quilt size is 51” x 68” without a border and 67” x 84” with an optional border.

7. Karen

I have tried for three weeks to download the fabric requirements and that part will not open. I have no problem downloading the pattern itself but with out the fabric requirements for the quilt it is impossible to plan the quilt. I have written you before and have still not had a reply to that note. I see this is problem for several people.

Hello Karen!

Would you send us an email with a screenshot of the error that you’re experiencing? Are you also attempting to download the fabric requirements on a computer or an iPad/smart phone?
      Our email address is: nationalsewingcircle@program-director.net.

Thank you!

Jessica

8. Jeya

I have not been able to get the Friday video’s for Baskets and Blooms Challenges. Please help.

9. Pamela Capen

The last email I received was on May 8th with week 3 and haven’t heard from you since!! What about weeks 4-7?????