Baskets and Blooms Fabric Requirements

It’s time to gather your fabric and supplies for our latest quilt block challenge: Baskets and Blooms! This challenge features a quilt designed by Toby Lischko of Gateway Quilts and Stuff.

Still need to sign up for the challenge? It’s not too late! Sign up here!

This quilt can be made with solids or anything in your stash. There are 13 fabrics listed in the fabric requirements, but feel free to use as many fabrics as you want. The possibilities are endless!

This is a 7-week project with 18 blocks, three a week, and a week for the finishing instructions. Although it is designed with no border, there are fabric requirements and instructions if you want to include a border.

The finished quilt size is 51” x 68” without a border and 67” x 84” with an optional border.

Find the fabric requirements available for download below! And make sure to share your fabric choices in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

Find the other challenge materials here:

Fabric Requirements

Baskets and Blooms Week 1

Baskets and Blooms Week 2

Baskets and Blooms Week 3

Baskets and Blooms Week 4

Baskets and Blooms Week 5

Baskets and Blooms Week 6

Baskets and Blooms Week 7

78 Responses to “Baskets and Blooms Fabric Requirements”
  1. Anne Daws-Lazar

Just messing around – who doesn’t need a new quilt to sew, right?

2. Charlotte Wroblewski

Could you please check on the fabric requirements?
    I am unable to get the information. Thank you. Very excited to use my stash to make this quilt!

3. Peggy Sanqunetti

The fabric requirements is not working. Even going to the place you gave Charlotte didn’t open. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Peggy,

Sorry for that, here is the link: https://www.nationalquilterscircle.com/article/baskets-and-blooms-week-1/

You might want need to do a hard refresh.

1. If you are using a mobile device, please delete your internet history. To clear your cache, please click the link below and select the appropriate browser:
      a. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
      2. If you are using a computer, please attempt a hard refresh of your browser by pressing and holding Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard.
      3. If you are on a Mac, please attempt a hard refresh of your browser by holding ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button. Or, hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift key and then press R.

4. Bonnie Bruce

still cannot access fabric reqs — even after additional url posted. pls help.

5. Kathleen Williams

Even using the link provided, I am unable to get the fabric requirements. I’m on my iPhone. Could that be the problem?

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the technical glitch. I have reported it so please attempt the access later,

6. Kathy

I can’t seem to find the fabric requirements. I have tried every link and no fabric requirements. I even tried the link you gave Charlotte.

Hello Everyone,

Hello Everyone,

Hello Everyone,

7. LINDA

I downloaded Week One, but can’t find the Fabric Requirements. Love the pattern.

Hello Patti!

Everything is up and running so be sure to download these items onto your computer and not to your iphone or ipad.

Thank you!

Jessica

8. Hannelore Hulick

I’m already a member and have participated in the 2 previous challenges. But, I did not get notification of this new one. I would like to participate in this one as well. Thank you for all you do!

Hello Corrine!

Make sure you click on the blue “Download Pattern” button and your computer will automatically download it to your system.

Thank you!

Jessica

9. Cindy

I can’t get the fabric requirements either. I’ve click on the website but nothing happens! It goes round and round! 🤷‍♀️

Hello Cindy!

I’m so sorry you’re running into this issue. Would you be able to send us a screenshot of the error you’re running into? In the email, please include a brief description of the error! Here is our Customer Service email address:

nationalquilterscircle@program-director.net

Thank you!

Jessica

Hello Vivian!

You’ll want to make sure you’re downloading it to your computer and not an iPad or smart phone. If you’ve clicked on download, your computer will know to download it to either the Downloads folder on your computer or your desktop.

If you’re still having trouble, please email us at: nationalquilterscircle@program-director.net

Thank you!

Jessica

10. Denise Lowe

I tried again this morning to download the fabric requirements. I am still not able to do so. Is the glitch fixed?

Hello Denise!

Thanks for stopping by! Currently, the Fabric Requirements download is working fine! Make sure you’re downloading it to a computer and not your smart phone, unless your smart phone already has a PDF app downloaded on to it.

Jessica

11. Betty Visney

Excited to get started. having trouble with fabric requirements – will check back later to see if available.

Hello Betty!

I just checked the download for the fabric requirements and all systems are a go! Make sure you’re downloading it onto a computer and not to a tablet or smart device, unless those devices have a PDF reader app installed on them.

Thank you!

Jessica

12. Lori Marugg

I am a Gold member and signed up for this challenge. I have not received anything in my in box. What can I do or who do I call? I just became a member and this is my first experience with your company/site…kind of frustrating!

Hello Lori!

Thank you for contacting us.

I’m so sorry you’re running into this issue. It sounds like your email’s security settings are set pretty high, which is good in most cases but you do miss out on emails from time to time that you actually would like to see! Make sure to check your junk mail and spam folder for our emails. If you find one in there, please make sure to click on the email and click “Mark as not spam” or some action with the similar verbiage.

I have emailed you the fabric requirements and Week 1’s instructions.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please email, chat, or call us at 1-855-706-3538.

Jessica

Hello Ginger!

I just sent you an email. You should be getting the requirements shortly!

Thank you!

Jessica

13. Casey

The fabric requirements for the entire quilt are printed at the bottom of the pattern you download. The places where it looks like you just click on to get the fabric requirements for each week still don’t work.

14. Amy Larson Roloff

Week one refers to “Blue” but does not specify “light blue” or “dark blue”. Do you have a recommendation?

Hello Amy,

Thank you for contacting us. You could lay them on each other first one way and then the other to see what you like best. But I do believe the dark center draws the eye in.But this is just my preference.

Enjoy.

15. Marian

This is the first time I have been involved in a block challenge I loved making the first 3 blocks and can’t wait to get going on these new ones. Thank you so much for providing this opportunity I am having a great time with it.

16. Kathy Whetstine

I cannot get the fabric requirements either and tried the link you provided a commenter below but does the same thing. Thank you, Kathy

Hello Kathy!

I’m so sorry you’re not able to download the patterns. Are you attempting to download the pattern on a computer or a smart phone/iPad?

Thank you!

Jessica

17. Fay Childress

The weekly fabric requirements do not work, nor do I see the templates for the quilt blocks. When I click on the download pattern button, the only thing that comes up is the original sheet. It has a picture of the finished quilt and the general fabric requirements, but no way to know the block we are supposed to be doing, nor the piecing for the block. How are we supposed to start this process?

Hello Fay,

Thank you for contacting us, Please use this link to access the released weeks. I checked it and it works:

I have included troubleshooting instructions below for you to try if you are still having issues:

a. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
      If you have any further questions, please chat, email, or contact Customer Service at 1-855-706-3538.

We greatly appreciate your business!

18. Cheryl Gertz

Please send Week 1 and 2 patterns. I signed up but never got them. I did get fabric requirements and Week 3.

19. Karen Breslin

again this is ridiculously difficult…. don’t know what happened from the wk 1 to now but it’s IMPOSSIBLE to find week 3 blocks. I have clicked on so many links it’s making my head hurt. right now I have 12 windows open looking for the correct link. I’ve clicked on every link on the fb page, went to files, it’s not in there. very disappointing

20. Margie

I have read thru everyone’s comments and did everything that was replied to them to open the fabric requirements. I still cannot open them. I’ve done the hard refresh and still nothing. I even closed everything and restarted the computer and still no help.

Hi Margie,

Thank you for contacting us. Here is the pdf for those: file:///C:/Users/jjohnson/Downloads/Baskets-and-Blooms-Fabric-Requirements%20(5).pdf

I hope this helps.

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

21. Lonna Opie

I cannot find the fabric requirements. I have checked out all the links that you have given to everyone else but I still cannot find it. Thanks

22. Shari A Nussdorfer

I cannot find the page with the block templates for that last block, week 6–Where do I find them?

23. MELAINE

I love this pattern, the colors and baskets are so fun. Thank you for sharing!