Baskets and Blooms Week 1

It’s time for week 1 of our newest quilt block challenge: Baskets and Blooms! This challenge features a quilt designed by Toby Lischko of Gateway Quilts and Stuff. This week we will be making three blocks!

Looking for the fabric requirements? Find them here!

This is a 7-week project with 18 blocks, three a week, and a week for the finishing instructions. Although it is designed with no border, there are fabric requirements and instructions if you want to include a border.

The finished quilt size is 51” x 68” without a border and 67” x 84” with an optional border.

Find the general piecing instructions, and blocks 1, 2, and 3, available for download below! And make sure to share your progress in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

Find the other challenge materials here:

Fabric Requirements

Baskets and Blooms Week 1

Baskets and Blooms Week 2

Baskets and Blooms Week 3

Baskets and Blooms Week 4

Baskets and Blooms Week 5

Baskets and Blooms Week 6

Baskets and Blooms Week 7

68 Responses to “Baskets and Blooms Week 1”
  1. Judy

Thank you for your pattern for your beautiful quilt. Can I possibly make this quilt smaller for a wall hanging?

Hello Judy,

Thank you for contacting us. Regarding your question. I don’t see why you couldn’t change the size. Especially if you are good at math.

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

2. Ann Saari

I’m so excited but haven’t picked fabric from my stash yet. Guess I had better get busy.

3. Wanda Foreman

How do we get the fabric cense the fabric stores are closed. I’m in Germany

Hello Wanda!

The best way to get fabric is ordering online. Since we’re located in the US, I’m not sure what’s available in Germany but I would try seeing if Amazon or an online fabric store in Germany would be able to deliver the items to you!

Jessica

4. Eleanor Zwicker

I enjoy these quilt projects. I am not able to put them on as I don’t know how to put them on. I have pictures of other quilts that I cannot put on. All you do such a great job on your projects!

Hello Sharon!

On the page here, you’ll see a blue button that says “Download Pattern”. You’ll click on that to start the download to your computer!

Jessica

5. Shari Nussdorfer

So, I have just informed my family that all laundry, cooking and chores are on hold until further notice. I am heading to the sewing room …

Hello Audrey!

I’m so sorry to see that you hadn’t received the email! Make sure you’re checking your spam/junk folder for the email itself. I have emailed you week 1 just in case.

Jessica

6. Cindy Kub

Been having difficulty with my email.
    What week are we on of Baskets and Blooms?
    I have week #1 only.
    Today is April 25, 2020.

Hello Cindy!

Yes, we’re only on week one! You’re all caught up.

Thank you!

Jessica

7. Cathy V

I have tried every suggestion given for downloading fabric requirements, but none work. Live Chat is unavailable now (4:42pm). I will try later to see if there is a resolution. It will be awfully hard to start this lovely project without correct yardage amounts, as everyone is aware. This is my first quilt along, I hope it goes smoothly from here on. (sigh)

8. Virginia

I only receive the instrucctions of fabric requirements, but I can’t see the patterns of Week 1, ? I am cheking on the spam page but I did not find. Tks.

9. Toni

Please email me the fabric requirements. I have tried every place you have listed to get the info and no luck. Thanks!

10. Lydia

I’m using my colorful fabric stash to make this quilt. Any thoughts on using white muslin for the light background? My stash of white fabric is limited.

Hello Julie!

I’d love to help! What kind of error are you running into when you attempt to open Week 1’s pattern?

Thank you!

Jessica

11. Karen

I also can’t open the fabric requirements. I read the other responses and jumped on the website you told someone else to get on who couldn’t get the fabric requirements and it took me to the same page I am on.

12. Nathalia Sugden

I have downloaded week 1 but am unable to see week 2 for downloading. Love week 1 and am looking forward to making the quilt top!

13. Glenda Snodgrass

Did I miss week #2? I have been watching and only find instructions for week #1. I have my blocks made and am really looking forward to what comes next.

14. AudreyJohnville

Loved the first three blocks are the second ones availed? Audrey

Hello Kathy!

We’d love to have you on board! Here’s the link to sign up: https://go.nationalquilterscircle.com/A21603/

Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be taken to the fabric requirements page! Let us know if you need anything else.

Jessica

Hello Lissa,

Thanks you for contacting us. I have emailed the weeks to you.