Baskets and Blooms Week 5

Welcome to week 5 of our Baskets and Blooms Quilt Block Challenge! How have your blocks been going? We love seeing what you’ve been working one! This challenge features a quilt designed by Toby Lischko of Gateway Quilts and Stuff. This week we will be making two blocks!

Looking for the fabric requirements? Find them here!

This is a 7-week project with 18 blocks and one week for the finishing instructions. Although it is designed with no border, there are fabric requirements and instructions if you want to include a border.

The finished quilt size is 51” x 68” without a border and 67” x 84” with an optional border.

Find blocks 13 and 14 available for download below! And make sure to share your progress in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

Find the other challenge materials here:

Fabric Requirements

Baskets and Blooms Week 1

Baskets and Blooms Week 2

Baskets and Blooms Week 3

Baskets and Blooms Week 4

Baskets and Blooms Week 5

Baskets and Blooms Week 6

Baskets and Blooms Week 7

31 Responses to “Baskets and Blooms Week 5”
  1. Tiffani Francis

The link for the pattern goes to the Week 4 materials instead of week 5. Please let me know when you have it fixed. I’m excited to get my Baskets and Blooms finished before the Memorial Weekend holiday! Thank you.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for contacting us. Here is week 5 and all earlier weeks are also listed: https://www.nationalquilterscircle.com/article/baskets-and-blooms-week-5/

If you are looking for a different challenge I would need to have the name of the challenge,

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

2. Victoria Wolfe

First thank-you for getting me onto the email list. Unfortunately the link only gave me Blocks 13 and 14. Shouldn’t we have had 15 also?

Hi Karen,

Thank you for contacting us. It is listed in the instructions that there are only 2 blocks for this week:

Sorry for the confusion.

Hello Trish,

Thank you for contacting us. The weeks get released on Thursdays around twelve noon CST. They are on the way, please stand by.

We greatly appreciate your business!

3. Sharon mackinnon

I am deaf ( hearing impaired wear hearing aids need closed captioning) thanks god bless you send me print of copy cuz no computer that I don’t have ! Thanks do I have pay for this material?

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your comment to the proper department. We value your opinion and it will help with the development of our online streaming community. We will continue to listen and work hard for your complete satisfaction.

I’m sorry but there is no way for me to send a printed copy, maybe a friend could print it off for you.

If you have any other questions, please chat, email, or contact Customer Service at 1-855-706-3538.

We greatly appreciate your business!

4. Deborah Mayes

Referring to the original challenge sheet “THIS IS A 7 WEEK PROJECT WITH 18 BLOCKS, THREE A WEEK,AND A WEEK FOR FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS.” I have downloaded blocks 13 and 14. Fifteen is not included, is that intentional or not? Thank you for your assistance .

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for contacting us. In the instructions it says that this week we are making 2 blocks numbers 13 and 14.

Sorry for the confusion.

5. Carolyn F

I am still on week 2! I just started last week, Block 5 was somewhat confusing. 🙁 But I did get it done.

6. Linda

Your Week 5 words are not a hyperlink like the other weeks. Nothing happens when I click on Week 5. However, I was able to download Week 5 from your reply to Tiffani.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for contacting us. If the week is Black that means you are on that week. You can download it.

We greatly appreciate your business!

7. Virginia DiBella

I don’t know if my blocks are showing on your page or not. If not how do I get them to show on page like everyone else’s?

Hello Virginia,

Thank you for contacting us. I’m sorry you are having an issue with your post. First you have to save your photo to your desktop. Then go to Blog, next to Quilt Gallery, scroll down to the bottom. Here you will drag your file into the Upload File box. Fill in you information and Share Your Photo.

8. Peggy

Week # 5 won’t open up, up above nor will the links for same in the other messages that you have also posted above open up either.

Hi Peggy,

Thank you for contacting us. I’m sorry for the missing page 3, as stated in the instructions. We have opened a ticket on this concern and will be getting the correction soon. Please stand by for the updated instructions.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Peggy,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

9. Barbara Wickert

My quilt group and I are really enjoying making this quilt. It is a little challenging at times but fun. How can I send you pictures?

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for contacting us. We would love to see the pictures and you can post them on the site. Go to the Menu tab, Blog, Quilt Gallery. Here you can post the pictures.

10. Alvina M Ingwersen

Not sure what is up with this message as I have signed up for this quilt three times. I only received weeks five and six and have only been able to print week six and the fabric requirements. How can I get the rest of the pattern as I would really like to make this quilt.