Starlight Mountains Quilt Block Challenge: Week 2

How was your first week of our Starlight Mountains Quilt Block Challenge? We think it’s been a great success! Are you ready for week two? Let’s get quilting. This challenge features a quilt designed by Andrea Smith of Happy Cloud Creations! Make sure to see more of Andrea’s work on her Instagram, Facebook, and Etsy! She is also featured as the pattern designer in some of our evergreen quilt block challenges, such as the Happy Block Swap Sampler, and the Snowy Day Quilt Sampler.

Still need to sign up for the challenge? It’s not too late! Sign up here!

This is a 5-week project with 4 different blocks, which you will make varying quantities of, and then finally receive the the finishing instructions. This week, we are making six of “Block 2”. Find the pattern below, and click the button to download them now! Make sure to share your progress in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

Ready for your next block?
Starlight Mountains Fabric Requirements
Starlight Mountains: Week 1
Starlight Mountains: Week 2
Starlight Mountains: Week 3
Starlight Mountains: Week 4
Starlight Mountains: Finishing Instructions

31 Responses to “Starlight Mountains Quilt Block Challenge: Week 2”

Hello Lita,

Thank you for contacting us.

Go to the fabric requirements week and it will have the instructions foe making a different size.

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-208-7187, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

National Sewing Circle Video Membership

1. Carole Domingue
    Carole Domingue

Good morning, I am making a queen size quilt. I wonder how much fabric should I get for that pattern and how to modify it so it’s fit?

Hello Carole,

Thank you for contacting us. In the fabric requirements you will find directions for different sizes.

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

2. Karen
    Karen

I’ve signed up but am not receiving the pattern up-dates weekly. Yes, I checked the junk file!

3. KIT
    KIT

On Star Block #2, might want to add the D’s in a couple blocks. It would be really great IF you would eliminate the solid back headers and bottom when we have to print out directions. I would rather print out more designs and use ink more efficiently. Just a suggestion, thanks! Enjoying the quilting with you!

4. Brigitte Hemeleers
    Brigitte Hemeleers

I’ve singed up for the challenge and I joined Facebook too – which I thought I would never do but for quilting sake I did it. How do I log into the live weekly event?

5. Deb
    Deb

I have entered my email to join to get the patterns via email several times but have not received anything for this challenge. Can you add me to the email list? Thanks!

Hello Sue,

Thank you for contacting us.

I’m sorry if you missed the live chat, you can still see it on facebook it just won’t be live anymore. Click on the words in blue that say: Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group.

We greatly appreciate your business!

6. Frieda
    Frieda

What A BOONDOGGLE! I cannot access the video for week 2. It is not on the Facebook page. Where is it being shown? I’m Central Time and I thought it was to show at 4PM, Monday, 9/14/2020. Where is the video?

7. maroulla rialas
    maroulla rialas

I am having trouble dowloading week 2 starlight-mountains-quilt-block challenge. frustated!

Hello Maroulla,

Thank you for contacting us. Here si the link: https://www.nationalquilterscircle.com/article/starlight-mountains-quilt-block-challenge-week-3/

I have included troubleshooting instructions below for you to try.

1. If you are using a mobile device, please delete your internet history. To clear your cache, please click the link below and select the appropriate browser:
      a. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
      2. If you are using a computer, please attempt a hard refresh of your browser by pressing and holding Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard.
      3. If you are on a Mac, please attempt a hard refresh of your browser by holding ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button. Or, hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift key and then press R.

If you have any further questions, please chat, email, or contact Customer Service at 1-855-706-3538.

8. Jane Taylor
    Jane Taylor

I can’t really keep up, but trying. End up having to rip pieces out and try again, however, I never go Week 3. Please resend… Thanks