Starlight Mountains Quilt Block Challenge: Week 1

We’re ready for week one of our newest quilt block challenge: Starlight Mountains! Are you? This challenge features a quilt designed by Andrea Smith of Happy Cloud Creations! Make sure to see more of Andrea’s work on her Instagram, Facebook, and Etsy! She is also featured as the pattern designer in some of our evergreen quilt block challenges, such as the Happy Block Swap Sampler, and the Snowy Day Quilt Sampler.

Still need to sign up for the challenge? It’s not too late! Sign up here!

This is a 5-week project with 4 different blocks, which you will make varying quantities of, and then finally receive the the finishing instructions. This week, we are making six of “Block 1”. Find the pattern below, and click the button to download them now! Make sure to share your progress in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

Ready for your next block?
Starlight Mountains Fabric Requirements
Starlight Mountains: Week 1
Starlight Mountains: Week 2
Starlight Mountains: Week 3
Starlight Mountains: Week 4
Starlight Mountains: Finishing Instructions

89 Responses to “Starlight Mountains Quilt Block Challenge: Week 1”
  1. Linda
    Linda

I’m thinking because I’m doing a queen size, I’m doing 20 of this block? Just double checking …. 😀

Hello Linda,

Thank you for contacting us. Great question! The ‘Ask an Expert’ section is currently for members of our online community. By becoming a member, you will have access to our expert’s knowledge in “I’m thinking because I’m doing a queen size, I’m doing 20 of this block? Just double checking”. With your membership you will also receive discounts on products and hours of Premium video content.

If you are interested in becoming a member to National Quilters Circle, please click on the special offer below:

If you have any further questions, please chat, email, or contact Customer Service at 1-855-706-3538.

We greatly appreciate your business!

Shelley

2. Anita
    Anita

I signed up for challenge but I did not receive my instructions at my email. What did I do wrong?

Hello Margaret,

Thank you for contacting us. I have provided you link to sign up for the Starlight Mountains Quilt challenge.

If you have further questions, please chat, email or call Customer Service at 1-855-706-3538.

Shelley

3. Carole Domingue
    Carole Domingue

I am making this quilt for a queen size bed. I was wondering how I could modified the pattern so it fits?

4. Terrie Gyarmati
    Terrie Gyarmati

i’ve joined the Starlight Mountain block challenge and received the fabric requirements but have not received the first block pattern in my email yet.
    Please let me know what I have to do to get the first block. Thank you, -Terrie

5. Ginny KN
    Ginny KN

This is the first quilt challenge I ever have joined, and I am excited but a little overwhelmed. However, I plan to have a “quiet day” over the weekend to try to make sense of everything. See y’all on Monday.

6. Susan Newsom
    Susan Newsom

I’m excited to try this.
    I’m using black for the green fabric in the quilt. The rest I’m using the same as sample.

7. Deb
    Deb

I received email for fabric requirements but never got an email on 9/7 with the first block pattern. Can you send it? Thanks!

8. Page A Robinson
    Page A Robinson

I signed up for the challenge and did not receive the email on the 7th. How do I get the instructions for Block 1?

9. lavonne foldenauer
    lavonne foldenauer

I am having trouble relocating the video for block one for week one. I wanted to rewatch it I came down with a bad cold and have not started yet so I have some catching up to do. I am having some trouble navigating around in the site.

Hello Frieda,

Thank you for contacting us. Here is the link of the most recent released week:

I have included troubleshooting instructions below for you to try.
      1. If you are using a mobile device, please delete your internet history. To clear your cache, please click the link below and select the appropriate browser:
      a. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
      2. If you are using a computer, please attempt a hard refresh of your browser by pressing and holding Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard.
      3. If you are on a Mac, please attempt a hard refresh of your browser by holding ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button. Or, hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift key and then press R.

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

Hello Jan,

Thank you for contacting us. Here is the link of the most recent released week:

I have included troubleshooting instructions below for you to try.
      a. http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

We greatly appreciate your business!

10. kjtherrick
    kjtherrick

I signed up for this on 25 August and have received nothing. I had to come the the NQC site to get weeks 1 and 2. Has anyone else had this issue?

11. Laura L Culver
    Laura L Culver

I am member here have been for some time – why am I not getting email notifications on new pattern – I have gone and found the fabric requirements and week 1 – when does week 2 come out?

12. Judy Wheldon
    Judy Wheldon

Looking forward to the challenge of measuring correctly, as I have eyesight issues. I’ll give it a go!

13. Laura-Jean Siggens
    Laura-Jean Siggens

so excited to start this pattern. A dear friend whom I have known most of my life lives in New Mexico. He asked what did i do with all the quilts i have made. I said i give them to those I love. as I realized I have never made him one. He said I don’t have one. So i got to thinking what would I do special for him and his significant other. this pattern will be perfect. He loves turquoise so i definitely will put some in it. Now on to looing through my room of stash. 🙂 or running to the quilt shop.