Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 8

Well, we did it! We finally made it to our final block of the National Quilters Circle Mystery Quilt Block Challenge. It’s been an amazing journey so far, but we’re not done yet! It’s time to finish assembling the full quilt.

Over the course of eight weeks, we will be creating the Mystery Medallion quilt pattern, designed by the talented Toby Lischko.

Looking for fabric requirements? Find them here!

Click the button below to download a PDF with finishing instructions. Make sure to share your progress in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

If you have made the lap sized quilt, your finishing instructions are available on week 5.

If you haven’t signed up for the Quilt Block Challenge, there’s still time! You can sign up here to make sure you get the block assignments delivered to your inbox each week. And make sure to visit Toby’s quilt gallery to see more of her beautiful work!

Other blocks from this challenge:
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Fabric Requirements
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 1
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 2
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 3
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 4
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 5
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 6
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 7
Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 8

83 Responses to “Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 8”
  1. Susan Leech

How can I find instructions for Block 6. I was out of town with family emergency and somehow missed it.

2. Amy Bennett

I haven’t been able to find the week 6 information or download. I’ve searched me emails and can’t find week 6. Could you provide the link or resend that email?

3. Barbara Niemann

I am nearly done. Have not sent in picture yet,but am very happy with it. Will finish soon and post a pic. Enjoyed this challenge very much.

4. brenda

I missed block 3 cant find In my emails could you possible send it again thanks very much

5. Liz Carvell

Unfortunately, I didn’t receive weeks 2 & 3 in my inbox. I waited until the last week as I thought there might be an area where you could see all the episodes. Would you please send me weeks 2 & 3? Many thanks, Liz

6. Franci Sheffield

I did not receive blocks 7 or 8. Is there a way to go back in and find them?

7. Nancy DeJongh

I am really enjoying this group. My daughter is a bike riding enthusiast and I would like to make her a Christmas bike quilt (for next year of course!) I cannot find a suitable pattern. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I am thinking lap size. Thank you!

8. Kim Huculiak

Once my craftroom gets finished I’ll be wanting some things to do, so this way I’ll have plenty to do.

9. Kay Gales

I wanted to make certain I have all the sections for the Medallion Mystery — I have printed (since cannot start just yet) blocks 1 – 6 and just received Part 9 assembly. Do I have all the blocks???

10. Marilyn

I am having trouble figuring out what borders to add to centre medallion 15 1/2 sustenance added the one border but can’t see what else to add to Make it come up to 36 1/2 inches

Hello Carol,

Yes, the challenge is free of charge.

Thanks,

11. Mary Frogge

I love flying guess blocks. I am needing all these blocks and instructions sent to my email,,,,, please!…………..Thank you!

12. Carolyn Pawson

Thank you for this beautiful pattern. I am traveling so it has to wait until I get home. It will be the first thing I make. I have enjoyed watching the progression and the colour combinations used. As a result, I have changed my colours so having to wait to start was a good thing as I know I will be happier with my decision.

13. Ann Brown

I cannot print downloaded weeks 5 and 8, my computer prints everything else but not these weeks, has anyone else had trouble??

14. betsy bobkaitis

Regarding the 12 days paper piecing instructions, please send me the link to the finishing. I can’t locate the email anywhere. Thank you!!

Hello Sharon,

There are links to all the instructions at the bottom of each post. The last block is located in week 7.

Thanks,

15. Carol Casperson

I never got Block # 4 so can’t make the 2nd pieced border. Can you send me a copy of it. Thank you. Carol Casperson

16. Darlene Repash

What is the finished size? Would it be possible to get permission to make this for my quilt guilds raffle quilt?

Hi Darlene,

Here are the final sizes:

QUILT SIZE: Approx.
      Bed size: 83” x 101”
      Lap size: 65” x 65”

Yes, it is fine for you to make this quilt for your guilds raffle.

Thanks,

17. Carol Casperson

I can’t find the block 4 to finish my quilt with. I can’t do the 2nd pieced row to the quilt with out it. Please tell me where to find it. Thanks Carol Casperson

Hello Carol,

There is a link to all the weeks instructions that were send out at the bottom of this post. Block 4 would be located in Week 5.

Thanks,

18. Libby Whittington

Toby, would you be willing to allow me to share your Medallion Mystery quilt with quilters at my shop as a BOM? Please advise. Thank you!

19. Pamela mcCoy

I think I signed up for newsletter too late but would love to do the challenge. Thank you

20. Vickie Riches

Love the patterns thank you. Will get back to quilting soon been sick a month with upper respiratory infection and bronchitis. Feeling a little better today.