Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 3

It’s time for week 3 of the National Quilters Circle Mystery Quilt Block Challenge! How have weeks 1 and 2 gone for you? We’re excited to reveal the instructions for week 3 now! We will be making 4 of block 2 this week.

Over the course of eight weeks, we will be creating the Mystery Medallion quilt pattern, designed by the talented Toby Lischko.

Looking for fabric requirements? Find them here!

Click the button below to download a PDF with instructions for week 3. Make sure to share your progress in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

If you haven’t signed up for the Quilt Block Challenge, there’s still time! You can sign up here to make sure you get the block assignments delivered to your inbox each week. And make sure to visit Toby’s quilt gallery to see more of her beautiful work!

162 Responses to “Mystery Medallion Quilt Block Challenge: Week 3”

Hi Cathey,

We are sorry to hear you are not able to download week 3. I can assure you that our website is completely safe and secure. I would suggest trying a different browser and you should be able to download week 3.

Thanks,

Hello Sarah,

No, the challenge is free of charge.

Enjoy!

1. unit199

I have missed the first 2 weeks of the mystery quilt. How do I get the instructions to weeks 1 and 2

2. Carol Fish

What I downloaded says page 6 but looks like week 2. How many of these do we make?

Hello Carol.

Sorry for the confusion. Week 3 is Block 2.

Thanks,

3. Carolyn Pawson

Just signed up. Excited to start. How can I getting the set up instructions plus wks 1&2? Excited to start. Thanks!

4. Patricia Stevens

I’m missing page 4 of medallion mystery part 1 and directions for week 2, where can I find them?

5. Valerie Parkin

Hi, for some reason I’m having problems with this pattern, it only downloaded pages 3 & 4 of the first block and when I tried to print them they wer double sided but ony printed out pager 3 &4 can anyone hep me? Thanks

6. Patricia E. Day

I’m already behind. Is it too late to catch up? I’m also having trouble opening my Facebook account so I can participate.

7. Carolyn

Im enjoying this mystery quilt, cant wait to see which block we use our main fabric in.

8. Mary Mangum

I accidentally deleted Block 1 before I printed it. Is there a place I can go to get the pattern?

9. Judith Johnson

This is the first time I have seen your site. Any possibly of getting blocks from weeks one and two ?

Hello Enid,

Sorry for the confusion. Week 3 is block number 2.

Thanks,

10. Teresa Parizo

I did not receive week 2 of the mystery quilt challenge. Can it be resent to me?
    Thanks,
    Teresa

11. Cathy Montagne

I missed the first two weeks. Where can I find the patterns, please, for the first two weeks. Thank you…..

12. Susan

I am so confused…I seem to be getting the directions a full week later than what everyone on Facebook is posting. I am also missing page 4 from one of the downloads. Please advise.

13. Robyn Haworth

Hi, I seem to be missing a section of this Mystery.
    I have the Requirements, pages 1 & 2
    Part 1, page 3
    Block 1, page 5
    Block 2, page 6
    I cant find a page 4, is there one or is it a typo
    Cheers

14. Dorothea M Longbrake

How do i find pattern ? I see download for week 3 . But how do i get week 1 and 2?

15. Annette

Thanks for the Challenge. Do not have the time right now as we are remodeling a home. As soon as we are finished I will begin this quilt. I love all the pics everyone is posting. Gives me a lot of ideas for fabric choices.

16. Pat Scott

I enrolled late to do the Quilt Block Challenge and have received week three instructions. Where can I get the instructions for weeks 1 and 2?

17. Billie

I know I am behind but would like to try and catch up if I can get the instruction for past weeks. Thank you

18. Regina Gates

I have missed the first email that has page 1 and 2 of the directions. Please resend the page 1 and 2 email. Thank you! Regina

19. Karen Kluwin

I’d love to participate in this challenge…the colors in the posts are awesome!

20. Carolyn Pawson

Just joined so I am looking for the first 2 weeks. I found and downloaded the material requirements and week 1 but I cannot find week 2. Can you please help.
    Thank you.

21. Carolyn

I have joined late and am trying to catch up. I cannot find page 4. Can you help? I did the Lexington Challenge and did not have any problem finding The instructions. Don’t know what I am doing wrong?

22. Patricia Keeney

I’m excited to be participating in this project! I am a little behind, but will catch up as I understand the instructions more. ( Working in Block 2 now) Thanks
    Patricia Keeney

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for contacting us. Block 4 will be sent out today 11/9/2018 via e-newsletter at 11:00 am CST.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538 or chat us on our website.

Taylar

23. Susan Simmons

I don’t know why I am having such a hard time getting all the information. Operator error I am sure, ha ha. I finally was able to get all the instructions thru page 7. I think I am now up to date. I am really behind and hope I can get caught up soon. Thanks for all the help I found in the discussions.