Springtime Florals Quilt Block Challenge: Week 1

Welcome to week one of our Springtime Florals Quilt Block Challenge! Let’s get started on our first block together! This pattern was designed by National Quilters Circle Managing Editor, Ashley Hough. It is a 62” x 62” nine block quilt, featuring flower designs that we will complete over five weeks.

If you haven’t signed up for the challenge there’s still time! Sign up now!

Be sure to post photos of your quilt on our Facebook group page! And make sure to check out Ashley’s Facebook LIVE video talking about this week’s instructions.

Download Now Button

Ready for your next block? Find them here!
Springtime Florals: Fabric Requirements
Springtime Florals: Block 1
Springtime Florals: Block 2
Springtime Florals: Block 3
Springtime Florals: Block 4
Springtime Florals: Quilt Assembly & Finishing Instructions

65 Responses to “Springtime Florals Quilt Block Challenge: Week 1”
  1. Debra Taylor
    Debra Taylor

The instructions and download bring me to the screen for fabric requirements. The Block 1 is not available. Please provide instructions

Diane

clicked on link provided for first block only came up with fabric requirements.

Hello Diane,
          I’m sorry that your having issues accessing the download, You will need to click on the tab near the top of the page that says “DOWNLOAD NOW” for Week 1.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
          Danesha

SANDRA

I’m sorry. I’m new at this and I cannot figure out how to get the Week 2 pattern. Help!

Hi Sandra,

You will receive a weekly email every Friday afternoon. Week 2 will come out this Friday!

Have a great day!

Terri

2. Betty Geiser
    Betty Geiser

Haven’t done a quilt block challenge for awhile. Looking forward to this.

3. bernadette Foden
    bernadette Foden

Hi How can i download the rest of the series, I am going away next week and want all the instructions.

4. Karen Doyon
    Karen Doyon

Has the pattern been published? I signed up but haven’t received an email. 🤷‍♀️

5. Ruth Gawlikoski
    Ruth Gawlikoski

Just finished the first block..I sew a lot and always have various projects going. So I like projects where I can do a little at a time.The block turned out fine but I can see that I am going to have to be more careful when pressing since you do not give pressing instructions and I did not think about making the seams nest. I ended up with a few thick junctions. Not a big problem but something to think about for the rest of the blocks.

Hello Lily,

Unfortunately, we don’t have a video for instructions, I have forwarded your comment to the proper department. We value your opinion, and it will help with the development of our online streaming community. We will continue to listen and work hard for your complete satisfaction

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
      Danesha

6. Patricia Mcintyre
    Patricia Mcintyre

I cannot get the 1st block instructions. Please let me know how I get them. Thank you

Hello Patricia,

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
      Danesha

Hello Karen,

I’m sorry that you’re having issues accessing the download, you will need to click on the tab near the top of this page that says “DOWNLOAD NOW”.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
      Danesha

Hello Diana,

Unfortunately, it is not available yet. The Springtime Floral blocks are sent out weekly. You can always check out the website the start of each week to get the updates on challenge. Type Springtime Floral Quilt Block Challenge in the search bar. Click on the week that you’re on and download the PDF to your device.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
      Danesha

Hello Donna,

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
      Danesha

7. J. R. Hart
    J. R. Hart

This is my first quilt in over a decade, and my first quilt block challenge ever! No machine, so I’m hand-sewing the blocks and it’s taking some time, but I’m about 1/3 of the way through block 1 and loving this challenge so far! It’s turning out so pretty! 🙂

8. Charla Schostak
    Charla Schostak

This will be a first for me in working with a lot of points. I’m hoping for the best.

9. June Swenson
    June Swenson

Will there be videos showing us how to do this block. I am a new quilter and am finding it hard to follow the pattern.

Hi June!

Thanks for reaching out today! You will receive an email with a new block and directions every Friday afternoon.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions.

Terri

10. Kay Ahr
    Kay Ahr

The “Download Now” button centered on the page looks more like a topic heading than a live link. It seems to lead some folks to believe that the current item is not available for downloading because it cannot be downloaded from the list on the left.

Hello Kay,

Thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded your comment to the proper department. We value your opinion, and it will help with the development of our online streaming community. We will continue to listen and work hard for your complete satisfaction.

Danesha

11. Judy Baines
    Judy Baines

I keep seeing the many beautiful blocks on FB, so thought I needed to join in.

12. Jean A Zysek
    Jean A Zysek

love how it is all coming together now. super easy and the picture in the instruction are very precise and clear