This 2-DVD pack includes both the Artistic Ideas and Design Techniques DVD and the Fancy Ideas of the Fabulous Quilter DVD. Watch hours of hours of step-by-step instructions by expert quilters designed to add artistic flair to quilting projects. 161 Minutes.
DVD 1: Artistic Ideas and Design Techniques – 96 minutes
This quilting DVD takes you from the beginning concept stages of creating a quilt with a discussion of value to add depth to your project to finishing your quilt with a beautifully executed binding, and embellishing your creation with fabric beads. Learn how to create truly one-of-a-kind quilt designs with original fabrics you can make using Angelina and Crystalina fibers, and Textiva fusible film. Our quilting experts also show the versatility of the Add-A-Quarter ruler, and how to create sculptural fabric beads to embellish your art and quilt projects.
Topics Included on DVD 1
- Techniques Revealed: Fuse, Cut & Sew Flip Flop Butterflies (Denise Starck)
- Every Quilt Has Two Sides (Joli Sayasane and Laura Roberts)
- Fabric Focus: The Importance of Value & Visual Texture (Heather Thomas)
- Finishing Touches: Binding Basics (Diane Harris)
- Reaching Out: Organizing & Participating in Round Robins (Carolyn Beam)
- Tool Center: Many Uses for Add-A-Quarter (Carolyn McCormick)
- Techniques Revealed: Creating Fabric Beads (Heather Thomas)BONUS: This DVD includes 3 FREE Patterns with complete instructions (a $25.00 Value). Get these three patterns with purchase (in PDF Format) with this DVD: Flip Flop Butterflies – Wall Hanging, Charades – Full Size, Diamonds in the Rough – Full Size
DVD 2: Fancy Ideas for the Fabulous Quilter – 65 minutes
Get inspired as quilting experts share their favorite tips and ideas to create beautiful quilts and quilted wall art. Learn how to ensure piecing success as Beth Hayes shares her eight tried and true techniques. Follow along as master quilters show you how to incorporate different scaled fabrics in your quilt blocks to create a dynamic effect. Add some fun to your wall art when you layer different fabrics to your design using cotton, cheese cloth, batting and other vintage and found objects to create a visually interesting piece. Finally, learn how using a fabric color wheel with tints, tones and shades can help you select the right color ‘personalities’ in your quilt.
Topics Included on DVD 2
- Quick Tips: Tips to Improve your Piecing (Beth Hayes)
- Techniques Revealed: Understanding Scale (Diane Harris)
- Fun & Fanciful: Layered & Luscious (Heather Thomas)
- Trying Something New: Using an Applique Pressing Sheet (Laura Roberts)
- Color Inspiration: Getting to Know Color (Heather Thomas)