Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge

Free Quilt Block Challenges from National Quilters Circle

Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge
Welcome to the Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge! You will be creating the beautiful Pleiades quilt pattern, designed by the talented Gina Perkes of The Copper Needle. This quilt celebrates the full spectrum, transitioning from one color to the next with each new block. There are many different fabric lines which lend themselves to this concept in your fabric choices. The yardage is generous due to the transitional nature of the design. Have fun playing with color! If you’re interested in coloring your quilt block before making it there are also coloring pages available for each block. The finished quilt size is 66” x 66”. Find the fabric instructions and the patterns for each block below.

Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Fabric Requirements (Full Color Version)
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Fabric Requirements (Monochromatic Version)
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 1 – Celaeno Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 2 – Merope Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 3 – Maia Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 4 – The Atlas Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 5 – The Electra Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 6 – The Pleiones Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 7 – The Taygeta Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 8 – The Alicyone Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Block 9 – The Sterope Star
Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge: Finishing Instructions

91 Responses to “Pleiades Quilt Block Challenge”
  1. Becky Harkey
    Becky Harkey

I just retired, and though I have YEARS of projects to finish and start, this piqued my interest. It sounds like fun!

2. RoAnn Wee
    RoAnn Wee

I love to sew and making quilts for my large family has been a large part. This should be a fun challenge.

3. Bette Robblee
    Bette Robblee

I look forward to working on this quilt and sharing my experiences with fellow quilters

Mamochaki Martha Shale

Mine is a question: is there a time limit on ehen the project should be completed?
      This challenge sounds really cool I would love to join.

Hello Martha,

Thank you for contacting us. These are all past challenges and there is never a time limit on them. Just have fun.

If you need further assistance please contact us at 1-855-706-3538, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

4. miggs Barrett
    miggs Barrett

Thank you for the Quilt Blocks. I shall try them out later on as I have to help Hubby extend my workshop, but at
    the moment it is rather cold to work outside, I am in the U.K.

5. Miranda Baker
    Miranda Baker

I’m a beginner quilter and this is my first challenge.
    Looking forward to learning 🙂

6. Cyndi Bruzgulis
    Cyndi Bruzgulis

My first block challenge, hope I like it!! Blessings for a great new year everyone!!

Sheila Crenshaw

Can’t wait to get started making something special and beautiful.

7. Dee
    Dee

I am slow, but quilting takes me back to the days I spent with my Grandmother. I love the peace.

8. Lynn D Arnold
    Lynn D Arnold

I am looking for blocks that finish at 12″. What size are these blocks?

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for contacting us. Allowing for the half inch seam allowance, the blocks finish at 16 by 16.

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

9. Melody
    Melody

I love to quilt but I am just a beginner. Thank you for designing these challenges.

Hi Bobbie,

The finished size of the quilt is 66X66.

We greatly appreciate your business!

10. Sunshine
    Sunshine

Although currently working on three quilts, looking forward to making these Pleiades blocks.

11. Sherrill
    Sherrill

Thank you for the chance to do my first ever star quilt. I’m looking forward to it.

12. Iris Caban
    Iris Caban

Thank you! Let see how it goes! How long is it takes, from start to finish, to make this quilt?

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for contacting us. If you are trying to enter the sweepstakes, here is the link for that:

​https://go.nationalquilterscircle.com/B22379

We greatly appreciate your business!

13. Patti
    Patti

Looking forward to picking out a monochromatic color scheme and learning 9 new blocks!

14. Carol Bidrawn
    Carol Bidrawn

I have seen quilts with this pattern and thought I would like to do one.

15. Sheila Crenshaw
    Sheila Crenshaw

Can’t wait to get started making something special and beautiful.

16. Sharon Alexander
    Sharon Alexander

Late getting started. I completed the Blooms and Baskets and thought I would try another challenge.