NQC LIVE! May 2018

Did you miss May’s LIVE event? Catch the full recap here with special guest and quilting expert, Susan Guzman. Susan answers your quilting questions live in this fun, interactive, and informative Q&A.

74 Responses to “NQC LIVE! May 2018”
  1. Lavonda

Cant wait to get started. I am a pretty newbie to this so the expertise will be exciting to hear! Hope I can do this!

2. Lesa Dike

Is this quilt going to be the entire quilt pattern, including sashing and binding? I am so excited to get started!

3. Sherri B

What size will the blocks be? What are the fabric requirements? Very anxious to get started!!!!!!

4. Patricia

I use art pencils in 3B for marking, the lead is soft and will not grab your fabric.

5. Rosemarie

When you put the quilt together do you prefer to hand stitch or freehand stitch

6. Lesa Dike

Those coloring pages are the best. Don’t know whose idea it was, but they are very helpful. Glad this challenge will have them.

7. Deb

Can you talk a little bit about the iron and the importance of it as you are piecing your blocks

8. Ada Rodriguez

I made a baby blanket instead of adding boarders I added the something else. I want to know if the quilting should be after already finished blanket or not? Do I always have to wash fabrics before cutting and using it or it’s not necessary to wash?

9. Ruth Pressler

My daughter bought me fantastic fabric “Northern Lights” when in Alaska. Would it be suitable for this challenge?

10. Fred Kornegay

I’m really going to appreciate your points on quilting do’s and don’ts. And the challenge should be a great experience for me.

11. Katrina

What about batting? Do you prefer batting on the bolt or in the package?

12. Leigh

I was also taught that it was okay to sew over perpendicular pins in clothes sewing. I try to take them out now, but, not always. Haven’t broken a needle lately, knock on wood!

13. Marlene Mcgarvey

I would like to make this quilt larger than the 88×88 inches…would you just add additional borders to make a queen size?

14. Sandra Florhaug

I thought thought it might be interesting to watch he tutorial.

15. Gabi

Hi, I found the challenge not in time Q & A. But would like to try to do the challenge.

16. Ellen Sullivan

Hey quilters: Let’s organize to send quilts to the children detained on our southern border. Let’s stitch this world back together!

17. Gidgett

Hi, I would love the patterns for the Lexington. Is there anyway to get the patterns.

18. lorie kreppel

I have been unable to locate the Lexington Sampler. I have blocks 1-5. I believe there are more but I can’t seem to find them. Can you help me with this or am I to late to complete the pattern

Hello Kathryn,

The information for the challenge was only available through 8/8/18. If you would like to get more information please contact Susan, her email address is info@suzguzdesigns.com.

Thanks,

19. paulyjolly100844

Ticket#19004 You mention you do “soft top quilts”. Do you mean that’s a quilt for the bed or exactly what does that term mean.

Dear Paula,

Thank you for contacting us. I’m wondering if you maybe misunderstood what I said because I don’t know what that means.I’m glad to help if I can, but at what point in the video did you hear this?

Susan

20. Isobel

Hi Susan

I have lost my patterns for the Lexington Quilt. will it be possible to download again

21. Sandra johnson

I was sick and could not finish the Lexington Sampler I thought I had all the blocks but I can’t find Block 8 to finish my quilt. Can you help me please