Lexington Sampler Challenge: Block 3

It’s time for week 3 of the National Quilters Circle Quilt Block Challenge! How have weeks 1 and 2 gone for you? We’re excited to be working on our third block: The Prairie Flower!

For this challenge, we are creating the beautiful Lexington Sampler quilt, designed by the talented Susan Guzman of SuzGuz Designs.

This exciting 9-part block challenge pattern offers you a choice to make either a large throw size quilt, with a finished size of 68 ½” square, or a bed size quilt with a finished size of 88 ½” square. There will be a bonus block available to use in place of the center 15″ square, should you choose to make it. If you decide to make the throw size quilt, your challenge will end in Week 8; the bed size quilt will end Week 9.

If you haven’t signed up for the Quilt Block Challenge, there’s still time! You can sign up here to make sure you get the block assignments delivered to you inbox each week. And make sure to visit Susan at SuzGuz Designs to see more of her beautiful work!

Ready for your next block? Here’s what’s coming up next:
Introduction to NQC Block Challenge: Lexington Sampler
Block 1
Block 2
Block 3
Block 4
Block 5
Block 6
Block 7
Block 8
Block 9 (for bed only)

55 Responses to “Lexington Sampler Challenge: Block 3”
  1. holly Carrillo

Loving this quilt challenge. Its fun, and low stress! Thanks for the fine detailed instructions!

2. Cwinterbari

Block 2 was truly a challenge. Trying to download block 3, not finding it. Help!

3. Melissa Spangler

I got last week in my junk mail and have gotten the emails for some and not for others. Is there a way to insure getting them regularly? Thanks! I’m REALLY enjoying the blocks!!

4. Ida Aycock

Do you have the fabric reference number for each color for those who need to order online.

Hello Ida,

For the cream and red featured bed size quilt, fabrics are from La Vie en Rouge collection by French General for Moda. This collection will be available in shops this August/September (the sweet folks at Moda were so kind to allow us to show you this gorgeous collection ahead of time).

Hope this helps!

5. Carol Saccio

I would love to make this quilt with the fabric shown. Do you sell the fabric? Do you know where I can purchase it? Any information will be helpful. Thank you.

Hello Carol,

Hope this helps!

6. Janice Edwards

Page 2 of Block 3 will not print. I can get 1 & 3 but have tried many times for page 2 and it starts but will not print the page.

7. Ms.Virginia M. Snellings

I have had some problems with my laptop and just got it back yesterday….So I just received this pattern….I would like to start working on this quilt…I am going yo see if I can download the first pattern. I t is a very pretty quilt. I am at present finishing up a Under Ground Railroad Quilt….Virginia

8. Jennie Morris

These blocks look great. Unfortunately, I want to wait for the fabrics in the sample so I’m on hold for starting.

9. Marie Turner

I am following the link on Block 3 but just dont seem able to print it off once its downloaded. I have had no trouble with the previous two blocks

10. Mommab

I have a question about the fabric needs. I’ve been using fabric I already have, so have been trying to make it fit. The requirements for the bed size quilt say that fabric U needs 1 1/2 yards and that Fabric H needs 1 3/8 yards but as I look on the coloring page I only find 1 thing for Fabric U (which is the first inner border). But Fabric H, which needs less material, is supposed to make an outer border, several pieces in the outer corners and also some in the border corners. How can that be? Is there a typo? Could you please clarify? Thank you so much. I’ve been enjoying making the blocks.

Hello,

Fabric U is also used for the binding, which is why there is more required.

11. Meta Baxter

Having fun with this challenge. Just downloaded Block 3. How do I submit my pictures?

12. Yetta Shoulders

I got a late start, maybe I can catch up, I don’t have a website but I would love to take the challenge Is there a way to get block 1 and 2?

Hello Veronica,

Block 4 will be coming out later today through our E-Newsletter.

Thanks,

13. Patricia Long

I really like the color combinations on this quilt. Looking forward to making this quilt.

14. Madeline Wallace

I also am saving this, as I have too many projects in the works right now. Wish I didnt, I like this concept. Please do another one after this, and keep me on the list to notify!

Hello Bess,

We have tested Block 5 successfully. Please try refreshing your browser and accessing the block again. If you are still not able to access the block, please contact our customer service team at 1-855-706-3538, and they will troubleshoot the issue with you over the phone.

Thanks,