Happy Block Swap Quilt Block Challenge: Fabric Requirements

It’s time to gather your supplies and get ready for the National Quilters Circle Happy Block Swap! What is the Happy Block Swap? We’re excited to announce we’ve paired up with Andrea Smith of Happy Cloud Creations to create six weeks of quilting fun! To join the challenge, click here and enter you’re email address. This ensures you will get each block of the Happy Block Swap Quilting Challenge delivered right to your inbox as soon as it is released, starting Friday, September 20th, 2019. Then, over the course of eight weeks, you will get each block of the quilt delivered to your inbox.

To get started right away, you can find the fabric requirements available for download below! And make sure to share your fabric choices in the Quilt Block Challenge Facebook Group – we can’t wait to see everyone’s work!

If you haven’t signed up for the Happy Block Swap Quilting Challenge, there’s still time! You can sign up here to make sure you get the block assignments delivered to your inbox each week.

Ready for your next block?
Meet Andrea of Happy Cloud Creations
Fabric Requirements
Week 1 Block A & B (Flying Geese Supplemental)
Week 2 Block C & D (Flying Geese Supplemental)
Week 3 Block E & F (Flying Geese Supplemental)
Week 4 Block G & H (Flying Geese Supplemental)
Week 5 Bonus Blocks (Flying Geese Supplemental)
Week 6 Quilt Assembly Instructions

82 Responses to “Happy Block Swap Quilt Block Challenge: Fabric Requirements”
  1. Peri Smith

I am new to do anything like this and I am nervous to do anything like this. I hope that I don’t disappoint myself.

2. Martha DeWeese

Don’t understand your fabric requirements. What size? What kind or color? I guess I just don’t understand what you mean on this. Thank you.

Hey Sophie!

I have emailed you the fabric requirements in a PDF form.

Jessica

3. Bernie

Hi, newbie here going solo. Are the colours in fabric requirements suppose to be plain (not patterned) or patterned or combinations of both. Thank you

Hi Bernie!

Great question!

The fabric listed in the requirements has plain colours listed but if you want to use patterns, that’s okay too!

Jessica

4. Brenda herman

I’m so excited to start this project should be fun and I’m looking forward to learning more.

5. Liliana

Hello! Good Mornig! I live in Brazil, I didn’t receive the fabric requirements and the instructions to make this… can you provide?

6. Judy Bruhling

I, too, am having problems with the fabric requirements. I see the requirements for 2 blocks. Are we going to get different requirements each week?

Dear Judy,

This challenge is a Buddy Challenge so each week you will get to make 2 block one for you and one for your buddy. Every Friday there will be new instructions for the new block.

If you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at 1-855-706-3538, at your earliest convenience, or chat with us on our site.

We greatly appreciate your business!

• Judy

Thank you Joan. I understand each week makes two blocks total whether swapping or going solo. However, the fabric requirements are only enough for week 1. Will there be new requirements for week 2, 3,
        etc?

7. Tricia

I tried to sign up, but have not received an email. Do I need to do something other than submit my email address?

8. Maryjude Patterson

I’m so looking forward to doing this challenge with all purple material. At this time I am doing both blocks each week.

9. Jeraldine Johnson

Were the pattern templates posted somewhere. I am late on this and would love to still do it. My Mom and sister quilt, but I have not done any piecing as of yet. I would love to do this one.

10. Jodell

This is my first block swap. I’ve been sewed since for 50+ years, just started quilts this year. Looking forward to this.

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for contacting us. Regarding the bonus block, I’m not sure what you are referring to.

Here is the link for week one: https://www.nationalquilterscircle.com/article/happy-block-swap-week-1/

I hope this helps.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any other concerns, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538, or chat with us on our site.
      We greatly appreciate your business!

Hello Bo,

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the technical error on the web site. We had the wrong block on for block D. It has all been fixed now.

Please refresh your page and check again.

We greatly appreciate your business!

Hi Kathy,

We were having technical issues that day but it has all been resolved now so you can no get the correct blocks.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We greatly appreciate your business!

11. gephap

I have enjoyed seeing how the basic pattern develops into the varied blocks. I have done each of my blocks with different fabrics within the same color scheme. I have F to complete and then I’ll do the other two this next week. I really like the finished results.

12. gephap

Oh, I meant to say I do not have a partner. I’m doing the quilt myself for a granddaughter. I just use half the material requirements.