If someone you know has caught the quilting bug, you can never go wrong with a quilting-related gift no matter the occasion. With so many specialty tools and essential supplies available on the market, there are endless options when it comes to gift ideas for your quilter. To help you decide, we’ve put together a list of 10 great ideas for the quilter or aspiring quilter in your life.
This article contains affiliate links. National Quilters Circle may earn a commission on purchases made through these links.
1. Non-Slip Quilting RulerAccurate cutting is crucial for piecing quilts. A non-slip ruler like this Omnigrip 6”x12” Non-Slip Ruler makes measuring and cutting fabric strips quick and precise.
View non-slip ruler on Amazon
2. Rotary Cutter SetA rotary cutter like the ergonomic Fiskars Rotary Cutting Set allows quilters to make smooth, clean cuts through multiple layers of fabric. A self-healing mat and acrylic ruler is also included.
View rotary cutter set on Amazon
3. Neck Light
4. Iron and MatA good iron ensures crisp, accurate seams and blocks. The Oliso Mini Project Iron features an ergonomic design and is perfectly portable, making it great for quilters on the go. Pair it with a heat-resistant wool ironing mat for the perfect combo.
View mini iron on Amazon
View wool ironing mat on Amazon
5. Quilt Marking Pens
Tools like the Madam Sew Heat Erasable Marking Pens help make marking fabric a breeze. The special ink inside disappears when heat is applied, and any (rarely occurring) residue easily vanishes in the wash.
View heat erasable pens on Amazon
6. Quilting PinsYour quilter probably has plenty of pins, but a set of charming novelty pins like these Dritz Pearlized Heart Pins make a great Valentine’s Day gift or holiday stocking stuffer and will have them thinking of you while they sew. Their heart-shaped head also makes for easy handling. Pair it with this convenient magnetic wrist pincushion to help keep pins within easy reach.
View pearlized heart pins on Amazon
7. Thread Kit
Having a wide variety of thread colors is always a plus when working with a multitude of fabrics. This thread set has 63 vibrant colors to suit whatever your quilter may be working on. Or if you’re looking for something a bit more surprising, consider this selection of novelty glow-in-the dark threads for quilts that wow when the lights go out.
View thread kit on Amazon
View glow-in-the-dark thread kit on Amazon
8. Book of Quilt Patterns
Quilters are always looking for fun, new patterns to try. If you have a modern quilter in your life, consider a book like Urban Quilting, or for vintage-lovers, Quilt As You Go Made Vintage. Both books are full of tutorials, patterns, and stitching guidance. For the advanced quilter, a book like Quilt Your Own Adventure provides inspiration and helps quilters design their own unique blocks.
View Urban Quilting on Amazon
View Quilt As You Go Made Vintage on Amazon
View Quilt Your Own Adventure on Amazon
9. Seam Ripper & Thread SnipsAny quilter can tell you how essential a good seam ripper is. While it may not be our favorite thing to admit, we all need a sharp, ergonomic seam ripper to undo those “oops” moments we inevitably face while quilting. Pair it with these elegant thread snips that can be worn as a necklace to make trimming pesky threads easy.
View seam ripper on Amazon
View thread scissors on Amazon
10. Quilter’s Travel Bag
A handy travel bag like this rolling sewing machine case makes a useful and stylish gift for any quilter to carry projects on the go. The bag features a detachable base for easy tabletop use, removable padding, and plenty of pockets for storing all kinds of sewing notions.
View rolling travel bag on Amazon
Whether your loved one is an experienced quilt maker or just piecing together a new quilting hobby, any of these thoughtful gifts are sure to show your loved one that you care about supporting their creativity and encouraging their passions. Happy quilting!