Welcome to the NQC Quilt Block Challenge!

nqcchallenge1

Thanks for joining the National Quilters Circle Block Challenge! We’re so excited for this challenge and can’t wait to see everyone’s work each week. The challenge will kick off soon – keep an eye on your inbox for your first block which will be included in the National Quilters Circle newsletter.

nqcchallenge2
Snowy Day Quilt Sampler by Andrea Smith of Happy Cloud Creations

In the meantime, make sure to join the National Quilters Circle Block Challenge Facebook group where you can share photos of your progress each week and connect with your fellow challenge participants.

The Facebook group is a great place to get updates and sneak peeks each week too!

nqcchallenge3

Meet Andrea Smith

nqcchallenge4

Andrea of Happy Cloud Creations has been sewing for 25 years and quilting for 20. She loves spending time with her family and being creative. Recently, she has been designing quick and easy quilt patterns that are great for beginners and still a lot of fun for experienced quilters. You can visit her Craftsy page at Craftsy.com/HappyCloudCreations and her Etsy page at HappyCloudCreations.Etsy.com.

nqcchallenge5

219 Responses to “Welcome to the NQC Quilt Block Challenge!”
  1. Jayne Donnell

will the patterns continue to be available the entire time? I leave on a quilt cruise next week and won’t be available until the 19th. I can then catch up. Thanks. Jayne

Hi, Jayne. Yes, each week’s block will continue to be available through the entire challenge.

2. Ruth

I’ve done several quilt alongs. I love the simple design of each block and how they each blend together.

3. Bev Hokanson

having trouble finding weekly blocks. have week 1 but cant find week 2

4. Agnes Maiuro

I would love to learn how to post pictures of my blocks to appear on fB. I photograph them with my phone and I have the ability to send them to fB, but they are only appearing on my page. Any suggestions?

5. Agnes

How do I get block 3? I am so frustrated trying to use this site, but am too stubborn to quit. Please advise how to find block 3.

6. KATHLEEN GOLDMAN

Are there directions on how much material it will take to complete all the blocks. I did a quilt once where they only gave you the pattern each month and I hate the way it doesn’t coordinate.

7. Pamela Powers

I got first 2 blocks but noticed on facebook site everyone finishing block 3 and I did not get it in myemail Helpneed to connect

8. Karen Jalonski

I have a problem finding the directions for Block #3 for this challenge.

9. lottie stacy

My pattern for block 4 didn’t make it to my inbox. where can I get it? Thank You.

Hi, Gail. We signed you up! Please keep an eye out for the challenges sent to your inbox weekly.

10. Lois Riggan

I missed Snowy Day quilt sampler block 3. Is there any way to get this. Thank you

The challenge blocks are sent out via email every Thursday. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 1-855-706-3538.

11. Coralie

I missed block 3 of Snowy Day Quilt sampler, how can I get it please…
    Cheers, Coralie

Here’s the release dates:

Block 6: March 30
      Block 7: April 6
      Block 8: April 13
      Block 9: April 20

Happy Quilting!

12. georgena

then where do we go to get the blocks we missed?
    i missed block 4 n can’t find it.

13. Wayne Miller

I am signed up for the challenge .I never received any email about the fifth or sixth block.I cannot even find a link to get them on your website. I had to send an email to get a link forthright third and fourth block Thanks for the link. I now have blocks 1-4 . I would like to get blocks 5 and 6. Please me a link to get them. Thanks

14. Edna Stringham

Could you please post a link to the general instructions? I missed it and would like to see it for a reference.

Thanks!

15. Barbara Thomas

Why am i not getting the next blocks emailed to me? Then when i go to the main page i can’t even find blocks 5&6?

16. Pat Dennis

Can you please post the link to block 7 on this page? I have tried several different places to get it and cannot seem to find it. Thanks in advance.

17. Pat Dennis

Why isn’t block 7 added to this website? I received the first block via e-mail. Have had to try to locate all the rest. I need block 7 and cannot access it from facebook. I am dependent on my laptop right now.

18. Debra L McReynolds

After seeing all the beautiful blocks, how could I not join? Looking forward to making this quilt for my queen sized bed!

Hi Dawn,

You can LIKE us and Follow Us on Facebook under National Quilters Circle and then NQC Quilt Block Challenge to get all of the block downloads!

Happy Quilting!
      Kate
      NQC Video Membership

Hi Janet,
      You can Like us on Facebook at National Quilters Circle or if you are wanting to view all of the blocks, please search National Quilters Circle Challenge. It will provide you with all of the block links, pictures, and instructions.
      Happy Quilting!
      Kate

NQC Video Membership

19. 33Bridgette

I must say it was hard to find your page in search results.
    You write awesome posts but you should rank your blog higher
    in search engines. If you don’t know 2017 seo techniues search on youtube: how to rank a website Marcel’s way

20. Susan

Hi I just joined and I know all of the blocks and the covering pages have been posted. Is there somewhere that I can go to get it all at once?

Hello Susan,

We are excited that you are interested in the block challenge! All the blocks are located on our Facebook Page NQC Quilt Black Challenge. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
      Becky NQC Video Membership

Hello Carol,

You are signed up for the Challenge.

Enjoy!
      Becky NQC Video Membership

Hello Mary,

You will receive a weekly email with each block’s instructions. You will have a total of 9 blocks.

Have Fun!
      Becky NQC Video Membership

21. Bethany

I have requested 3 times to begin to receive the pattern for this challenge. I NEVER received anytime. Sad!
    I have signed up for the email 3 times.

Hello Neva,

No, the challenge is free to everyone.

Enjoy,
      Becky NQC Video Membership

22. Shannon Sargent

Hi I signed up for the challenge and hav not received any emails can you help me?

Hello Ruth,

It’s not too late. The challenge has already started but you can start the challenge whenever you would like.

Have fun!
      Becky NQC Video Membership

23. Robin Siler

Saw this Challenge in a Murder Mystery Challenge I’m doing and can’t wait to start it.
    Thank you for all you do making this happen.

24. Val

Hi, I am enjoying the challenge but have a problem with block 8, Alicyone, the first HST on page two using the measurements for B & F are given as 4 7/8” x 9 3/4” then square to 3 3/8”. Are these correct as I am having difficulty making the finished square.

25. sandra johnson

I am having a terrible time getting my patterns for this quilt. Not sure why. I have check all boxes in my emails, go on google and facebook but can not seem to find it. Is it at all possible to send me a link to the website. this is my first challenge so I may not be doing something right. I have all my fabric so I hope I can finish this quilt. thanks

26. Karen Wallace

Where can I find the blocks? Tomorrow is week 3 and I still cannot find #1 or #2

27. Sonja Huffman

Could you please send me another copy of block for nqc challenge #5! I was trying to print a copy and lost it! I’m not very savvy with computer stuff! Thank you

Hello Badrock,

Part two will be sent out through email this Friday. We are only on part one this week.

Thanks,