NQC LIVE! June 2018

In this month’s LIVE event with Susan Guzman, learn ways to test your 1/4″ seam allowance, get tips for planning out quilting designs and learn more about Susan and the quilt she designed for the current NQC Quilt Block Challenge- the Lexington Sampler.

51 Responses to “NQC LIVE! June 2018”
  1. bess griffy
    bess griffy

Just learning to do quilting and need to know what is a very easy sewing pattern I can use to keep my sandwich together. I tried stitch in the ditch but it looked sloppy. Thanks.

2. Sonja Huffman
    Sonja Huffman

Do your two blocks of each pattern have to match or can you use a different color combination for each?

3. Bev Simmons
    Bev Simmons

I would like to try a quilt as you goare they hard to do do I need to change my walk-in foot to the other foot for motion quilting

4. Karen
    Karen

It would be helpful if after. Completing each.step you could give an unfinished and finished size so we can double check ourselves.

5. Susan
    Susan

Your directions are just amazing! Do you have any books on quilting patterns that are available?

6. Linda
    Linda

I am a novice quilter. When you start quilting, do you start at a side or in the middle?

7. Jan
    Jan

I’ve made a musical bird table runner. My main fabric is black and white with musical staffs and notes, etc. (very busy) and then I added rick rack and I have placed many embroidered birds (all in bright colors) on the rick rack as though the birds are standing on it. My quilt is very bright and busy with the music, the rick rack, and the birds but I don’t know how to quilt it being it is very busy already. I love how it has turned out and don’t want to ruin it by over quilting it. Help!!

8. Wendy
    Wendy

as a quilt designer, are you bothered when quilters change your pattern that you have offered, either by accident or by design? I would hate to offend a designer by trying to make your pattern fit into my scheme! thanks so much for your interaction with this sew along, it has helped tremendously!

9. Odie
    Odie

Lexington Sampler
    Will we get instructions on how to put batting together once we’ve got the top done? It seems all class instructors think newbies know the correct way to finish a quilt.

10. amy
    amy

I just made my first quilt! There are so many patterns I love, but I have a hard time choosing colors!!

11. Marian Pickney
    Marian Pickney

I’m loving your challenge! Any suggestions on what fabric to use on the back of the quilt if I have similar colors to what you used? Do you ever make an extra block and insert it in the back?

12. Julia Palmer
    Julia Palmer

Just interested. I recently purchased a Baby Lock Crescendo but have not had time to plug it up. I do at home alterations and stay pretty busy with my customers. However, I am catching up and should have time in the near future. I also do taxes during tax season and I am through so should have more time for learning to quilt.

13. dlfrench
    dlfrench

I am late to the party but have really enjoyed the discussion. Where do I go to find the “beginning” of the pattern for the challenge. Thanks, Deborah

14. Cheryl
    Cheryl

I’ve been thinking of doing some EPP in the area where you use the EPP print fabric. Does that sound like a good idea, or would it be too “much”?

Hello Barbara,

We have sent out 7 blocks so far.

Thanks,

15. Ina Vanderkooy
    Ina Vanderkooy

I just came across this and would love to do but maybe I am to late

16. Barbara
    Barbara

I have a lot of interuptions when watching video. How can I stop and start again later ?

17. Zoe
    Zoe

Hi how do I get the blocks for the Lexington sampler. I do not have Facebook. thank you

Hello Zoe,

We were only able to keep the patterns on our site through 8/8/18.

Thanks,

18. Darlene
    Darlene

I’m finishing my Lexington Sampler but somehow have missed the instructions for the flying geese unit strip. Would you be able to send those to me please? Thank you!

19. Valerie Eidem
    Valerie Eidem

I”ve read the instructions several times but I cannot find the measurements for the flying geese border units. What am I missing? Thanks for the assistance.

Hazel A Allen

Did you ever find the answer to your question? I need the same information. Are you able to help me? Thank you.

Hello Hazel,

Great question! The ‘Ask an Expert’ section is currently for members of our online community. By becoming a member, you will have access to our expert’s knowledge in quilting. With your membership you will also receive discounts on products and hours of Premium video content.

If you are interested in becoming a member to national Quilters Circle, please click on the special offer below:

Thank!

20. Ann
    Ann

I have blocks 1 and 2, but haven’t got the rest of the blocks. Where can I download them
    please?

21. Jeannie Williams
    Jeannie Williams

HI there just wondering how much fabric needed for this. eg a fat quarter bundle kind regards Jeannie